Other Cosmetic Services
Join our email listReceive news, updates, and special offers.
IPL (PhotoRejuvenation)Intense Pulsed Light is a safe, noninvasive, form of light energy that is utilized to improve the appearance of sun damaged skin inclusion as brown age spots and unwanted fine blood vessels. Skin texture is also improved and some patients notice a reduction of large pores. Most patients notice smoother skin with a more even tone. The procedure is also referred to as Photorejeuvenation and Fotofacial. Best of all, this procedure involves little or no downtime and you can resume your normal activities immediately.
The procedure involves the application of a series of gentle pulses of light over the treatment area(s). Most patients notice benefits after one or two treatments which are repeated at four week intervals and last an average of 45 minutes. Discomfort is minimal and side effects are rare. Following treatment the skin may appear flushed and brown spots may become temporarily darker.
The face is the most commonly treated site. Photorejeuvenation is also effective for the neck, chest, arms and hands.
For more information, please call us at 310.274.9954 x158.
Frequency of treatments
- 2-3 treatments for the treatment of pigmentation or sun damage.
- 5-6 treatments may be necessary for the reduction in appearance of redness/blood vessels.
- Treatments are scheduled once every 4 weeks.
- Maintenance treatments are recommended to maintain benefits (1 treatment every 3-6 months).
What to expect
- Pictures are taken the day of your first treatment for the purpose of monitoring progress.
- Paperwork – this includes consent forms and a brief medical history questionnaire.
- Topical numbing cream is applied 30 min prior to your appointment to reduce discomfort.
- The treatment is performed by one of our highly trained Registered Nurses.
- Redness and possible swelling (rarely bruising) which may last for several hours or up to a 2-3 days.
- Pigment and sun damage (including freckles) will turn dark and fade in approximately 7-14 days.
- The treated area may feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment.