Laser & Light Treatments
BroadBand Light (BBL) Photorejuvenation (IPL), Beverly HillsBroadband Light (BBL) is a state of the art FDA-approved intense pulsed light (IPL) system that is available to patients at Dermatology Associates Medical Group in Beverly Hills. Safe, effective and non-invasive BBL allows our dermatologists to treat a variety of skin conditions such as pigmented and vascular lesions, freckles and sun damage/age spots.
This procedure involves a series of light pulses passed over the treatment areas. BBL treatment sessions typically last 45 minutes and can be repeated at 4-week intervals. With the use of cooling technology and application of numbing cream, BBL allows patients to experience minimal discomfort during the procedure.
While BBL is most commonly used to treat the face, it can also be applied to the neck, chest, arms and hands.
What to Expect
- Pictures are taken the day of your first treatment for the purpose of monitoring progress.
- Topical numbing cream is applied 30 minutes prior to your appointment to reduce discomfort.
- During treatments, a series of gentle pulses of light are delivered to the treatment areas.
Photo Courtesly of Sciton.com. Results vary by patient.
- Redness and possible swelling (rarely bruising) which may last for several hours or up to a 2-3 days.
- Pigment and sun damage (including freckles) will turn dark and fade in approximately 7-14 days.
- The treated area may feel like a sunburn for a few hours after treatment.
Photo courtesy of Sciton.com. Results vary by patient
Frequency of TreatmentsTreatments are scheduled once every 4 weeks and maintenance treatments are recommended to maintain benefits (1 treatment every 3-6 months).
BBL has replaced IPL as a photorejuvenation treatment at our practice in Beverly Hills, CA.
For more information about Broadband Light treatments (BBL), please call us at 310.274.9954 ext. 227.